Freelance Interior Stylist at emmablomfield.com – Sydney
We’re looking to expand our team with the upcoming release of Emma’s first decorating book due to hit shelves in March 2017. Emma will be shifting her focus to the book launch for the first half of 2017 so we are in need of an interior stylist to meet face to face with our clients and work directly with them to deliver above and beyond their expectations. You will work directly with Emma as well as our Assistant Stylist. Emma will oversee all decorating work and Holly will manage all client orders and invoicing so you can focus on the fun part – decorating!
This is a very rare opportunity and a great role for an experience interior stylist looking to pick up some additional hours each week.
Interior Stylist Job Description
Our ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in the industry, a solid understanding of the wholesale interior design supplier contacts, run their own business or a freelance stylist/decorator with own ABN. You will be independent, organised and ambitious as you will be running all projects from start to finish from initial consultations with clients, choosing furniture and decor and overseeing client relations throughout the decorating project.
You will have:
- Own ABN + Professional Indemnity Insurance – essential
- Own car + valid drivers licence – essential
- Modern, fresh and family focused eye for decorating
- Ideally qualified in interior decorating/styling/staging or similar – ideal but not necessary
- Reliable, well presented and personable with clients
- Independent and confident working on their own
- Intermediate computer literacy – specifically Microsoft Office programs + Photoshop (desired)
- Experience in the industry and proof of previous work is absolutely essential.
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week – will fluctuate throughout the year.
- Can work your own hours during the week so would suit someone part-time employed or looking for additional hours per week.
- Must be flexible with time and availability
- Job start – early-mid Feb
- Must be located in Sydney – ideally within 20km radius of Sydney CBD. Majority of work will be North Shore, Northern Beaches and Inner West.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
Please submit resume along with any portfolio images to firstname.lastname@example.org.